Farmer Rich & Lisa planted fava and garlic for garlic greens on Saturday. Planned for today are planting peas and some more fava beans the fields. Also some greenhouse work will include transplanting tomato seedlings by Lisa and Erin.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Happy National AG Day!
Farmer Rich & Lisa planted in the fields today and John tilled up the back field with the tractor. It is starting to look like a farm again now that all the snow has melted and spring is finally here! Sometime Farmer Sue is in the process of updating the website.
Today happens to be National Ag Day and their website outlines that every American should:
- understand how food, fiber and renewable resource products are produced
- value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy
- appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products
- acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food, fiber and renewable resource industries
- Agriculture provides almost everything we eat, use and wear on a daily basis, and is increasingly contributing to fuel and other bioproducts
- Each year, members of the agricultural industry gathertogether to promote American agriculture
CSA programs fit right in!
CSA signup forms have been sent to all members from last year and we are working on a new location in Hoboken to open up some membership slots for new members. Check the website for updates.